(click links to view)
• The Arts Are Big Business — and in Real Trouble
• How the Sound of New York City has Changed During the COVID-19 Lockdown
• Remembering the Ramifications of Robert Moses’s Lincoln Square Renewal Project
TIME OUT NEW YORK
• Messiah Complex (An interview with Monty Python hero Eric Idle in advance of a new work he’d written with musical partner John DuPrez.)
While editing special festival Playbills, interviews with:
• Mary Chapin Carpenter
• Lynette Wallworth
• Meredith Monk
• Kjartan Sveinsson (of Sigur Rós) and Alex Somers (of Jónsi and Alex)
• Akram Khan
• In Darkly Delectable Theater, I chatted with Oscar-winner Emma Thompson, Bryn Terfel, and Lonny Price about The New York Philharmonic’s production of Sondheim’s Sweeney Todd.
• Philharmonic Holidays 2013 feature including interviews with Brian Stokes Mitchell, Andrew Manze, Lee Musiker, and Igudesman & Joo.
• An interview with acclaimed architect Liz Diller of Diller, Scofidio + Renfro (responsible for The High Line and the Lincoln Center revamp)
• Carnegie Hall’s Meredith Monk Marathon
• 30th Anniversary of the Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson Trio
• Numerous season previews, including this one on The New York Philharmonic’s first season with its new Music Director Alan Gilbert.
Program and album liner notes for numerous artists, including:
• Grammy-winning ensemble Imani Winds (including the Josephine Baker: A Life of Le Jazz Hot! project)
• Anne Akiko Myers
• Brazilian pianist/conductor João Carlos Martins’ Orquestra Bachianas (including its September 2010 appearance at Avery Fisher Hall).
BIOS, PRESS RELEASES, & MARKETING CONTENT
Please see my “Marketing” page
I can’t really talk about my ghost writing work, can I? But I’ve done some…
I worked side-by-side with pianist Evelyne Brancart to write and edit the recipes and descriptions for her CD/cookbook, Chez Chopin. (I also used her photos to design the mock-up sent to prospective publishers.)